Use the back/forward buttons on your computer if you want to move between
the turtorial and this document
1. What is the function of restriction enzymes?
2. How do DNA molecules with "sticky ends" differ from other DNA molecules?
3. What are two characteristics of pK19 that make it a good vector for bacterial transformation?
4. If bacteria are transformed by a foreign plasmid how will you know this has happened?
5. How do bacteria that are transformed by plasmids with Rhodobacter sphaeroides DNA differ from
bacteria that are transformed by a plasmid lacking foreign DNA.
they can grow on kanamycin
they can produce functional beta galactosidase
they do not have an intact alpha peptide
two of the above